Re: High CPU with Beagle Thunderbird

I'm not surprised. Reading and parsing metadata for about 2GB of data is really intensive and requires a lot of CPU cycles.

I can't really do much to fix this though. In order for beagle to catch changes (like new mails), beagle will have to read these files, that unfortunately for you (and other people with a huge amount of mails), will peak your system. Implementing the mork parsing code in C and P/Invoke it would probably speed things up, but my C is really rusty...

Thanks!

Pierre

Luke Driscoll skrev:
Kevin,
Thanks for your help, this seems to have worked in the main. It does chew up cpu every now and again, but it is working well in the main.
Thanks
Luke