Re: beagle 0.2.11 doesn't remember the index across sessions

Pierre Östlund wrote:

I filed a bug. If it is a Thunderbird backend problem, then it's also causing problems with the rest of the index. I just reran the test, but let beagle index for an hour instead of 5 minutes. This way there are quite a few files that have "test" in them. But after shutting down, starting up, and rerunning the query, it still looks like the index is empty.

Indeed we have a Thunderbird backend related bug here. To be more specific the mork implementation. It fails to load your .msf files containing information about what to index. This should however not affect how beagle index other things in other backends since all backends have separate indexes. Are you sure that they really are empty (check with beagle-info --index-info while running the daemon)? Might be

nuisance swamp:~$ beagled --bg;sleep 20s; beagle-index-info |grep Count ;beagle-shutdown
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0

The index is definitely empty.

another bug if they are. Perhaps you could include a complete log file in the bug you just opened?

Sorry, but it includes sensitive information (like who our customers are). If there's something more specific you'd like to see I can take a look for you.

After I told Joe that my home directory (but not BEAGLE_STORAGE) is on NFS, he thinks it has something to do with the way some synchronization is going on.

Tim
--
Tim Newsome, Green Hills Probe Code Monkey at GHS; out 10/30, 11/6
nuisance ghs com, 805-965-6044 ext. 235, http://www.ghs.com/