Re: Gnome Journal Article and General Beagle Publicity

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 14:10 -0500, Joe Shaw wrote:
> This would probably be a good thing to add, though, if people decide to
> build and install beagle, right?

Yes we have the called USE flags that is the compile options for the
users. On Gentoo we have a global file (make.conf) where the users can
set their options at compile time like this:
#emerge -pv app-misc/beagle
#app-misc/beagle-0.2.12  USE="galago gtk pdf python -chm -debug -evo
-ole"
#emerge app-misc/beagle
This is explained on http://beagle-project.org/Gentoo_Installation
About the autostart if people want to enabled it they can do it we don't
set it up on our package. This way the users can start beagle when they
want instead of using all the time when they start gnome.

> Sure!  Send mail to Robert Love (rml novell com) asking to be added.

Thanks i'll ask him.

At this point i think we should discuss the possibility of proposing
beagle for inclusion on Gnome Desktop modules. The mono bindings are
official, tomboy is in so we can do this gnome journal article, blog
about how good it is (yes beagle is great) to get some publicity and
propose beagle as a new module for inclusion. What do you think about
this ?