Re: Gnome Journal Article and General Beagle Publicity

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 20:59 -0500, D Bera wrote:
> Hi
>
> > beagle in Foresight for well over a year now.  The great news is for
> > > quite a while now there haven't been any users asking "What is this
> > > beagled thing and why does it use all my memory?".
>
> Only if you dont do the rounds of distro bugzilla and newbie forums.
> Those places are full of beagle eating CPU and memory problems (some
> of them are due to some old buggy version of beagle that hasnt been
> updated in the distros). I dont think beagle is newbie ready i.e.
> plug-and-play yet.

Gentoo has beagle more than a year on the official tree so far so good.
Our users know it eat's too much CPU (things are getting much better)
but we don't have many bugs reported for our distro. We don't include
atm the autostart for gnome users because we are sometimes called as
metadistro so our users have the choice to get things working like they
want. But we are planning to add some patches to our gnome to improve
beagle support like gnome-panel using beagle instead of the old search
tool.
We are happy to have beagle and we can help with our testimonials for
that article and do some beagle publicity.
Btw... can we (beagle packagers) be on planet beagle too ? That can be
interesting to share different points of view about beagle.