Re: Beagle and its startup

I'd also like to mention, since it's probably connected, that beagle
periodically erases it's Files index (maybe the others also, I'm not
sure). While running beagled continuosly for a week, I'd notice that at
some point in time, the Files index would have a count of "442" for
instance, whereas sometime before that, it would have "18942", and of
course, files that could have been found before, were not found
afterwards.

Hi
That sounds like a bug to me. If files werent deleted when beagle is
running, the count of Files backend is not supposed to decrease and
queries against present files should work. Maybe you want to file a
bug with bugzilla and attach your logs.

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com