Re: what files does beagle index?

> Try
> $ gnome-vfs-info (or some variant of it) /path/to/file

$ gnomevfs-info .icq.old/history/6000006.db
MIME type         : application/octet-stream

Both gnome-vfs and beagle uses freedesktop.org project xdgmime to
detect mimetypes. application/octet-stream is gnomevfs way of saying
'mime type not found' - which is consistent with beagle behaviour.
Now, xdgmime is a black hole to me :), so I guess you are on your own
here. You might want to browse freedesktop.org website for info on how
to add mimetypes to its database.

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com