what files does beagle index?

Does beagle try to index every single file in my ~ (including
"dot-dir"s)?  I have done searches on terms that I know are in files in
my ~ but they are not showing up in beagle.

Does beagle try to exclude files it "thinks" you don't want indexed like
a "binary" "db" file for example?

(How) Can I examine beagle's index and see what files are in the index?

Thanx,
b.

Brian J. Murrell