Re: what files does beagle index?

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 18:21 -0700, D Bera wrote:

> Please! Strings will output all kind of junk.

I don't think I meant "strings" output literally.  Perhaps cross
reference with a language dictionary to remove the junk.

> Probably not even meant
> to be found.

I guess that is up to the searcher/indexer.  :-)

> OTOH, if you want to index db files and all you care is the output of
> 'strings', check the last paragraph of
> http://beagle-project.org/Supported_Filetypes
> There is something called ExternalFilters in beagle,

Cool.

> which allow users
> to write custom command based filters. Might be just what you want.

Might just have to try that out.

Any idea how to determine what Beagle will see as a given file's
mimetype?  Is there a gnome mime-type tool similar to "file"?

b.

Brian J. Murrell