Re: GUADEC redux and roadmap

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 19:47 +0200, Wolfgang Nejdl wrote:
> In our project (NEPOMUK), we evaluated existing RDF storage systems, and
> finally settled on Sesame (http://www.openrdf.org/) for efficiency and
> functionality reasons. It can use various backends, we are using the
> MySQL one.

Being Java, Sesame isn't appropriate for inclusion into Beagle proper.
(IKVM or some sort of Java->C# translation might be possible, but the
former is a shim and brutal on resources and the latter isn't something
I want to maintain.)

I am really hoping that a managed solution like SemWeb will be adequate
for us.

> Expressing metadata in RDF format, as described e.g. in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/

Ah, ok.  I don't view RDF as a "format", since it has no real
representation (like Unicode).  I tend to think of it more as a "data
model."  How it is stored and expressed is where things like relational
databases, N3 and RDF-XML, etc. come in and are largely implementation
details.  That's why I was confused on how you'd be sharing the data
between components.