Re: Current TODO

> I dunno, search engine optimization is not something I have much
> experience in, but one of the major blockers for beagle when compared
> to search applications such as GDS and Spotlight is the speed of a
> partial query. While a complete query is quick, the first fragments of
> a word (such as fragm from fragment) are not very speedy, just a
> thought to maybe inspire some interesting discussion.

I doubt there is "search-engine" optimisation in the usual database
sense, but there are scopes of improvement. Your comment above is
interesting and will be more so, if you can provide some rough
numbers/statistics. I dont have access to GDS or spotlight, hence if
someone posts some comparison figures, it will be helpful.
Also, when you say "the first fragments of a word (such as fragm from
fragment) are not very speedy...", how did you evaluate that in beagle
? lucene allows wildcard query or term enumeration which can be used
for presenting matches for partial text, but none of this is currently
implemented in beagle (afaik) ?

- d.

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com