Re: searching in subversion repos

Hi Alex,

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 20:38 +0000, Alex Mac wrote:
> Any possible pitfalls or things that would make this not worth doing?

The idea is to find .svn directories and deal with their contents,
correct?  Or is there something else here I'm not following?

A backend is definitely the way to go here.  You can take a look at the
Tomboy backend for an example of a pretty simple one.  You'll probably
need to set up inotify watches and such on the .svn directories to watch
for changes, and this could get tricky depending on how often those
change and how much data has to be reindexed.

As you mentioned, how to display this will be tricky.  We could possibly
have some basic support in beagle-search for it, and either integrate
with an existing SVN visualization tool or write our own to give more
advanced features.

> I know someone has half wrapped the svn api in c# so that might need a
> little fixing first...

A worthwhile project in any case, IMO. :)

Thanks,