Re: Scribus filter / c# advice needed

On 02/12/06, D Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, although I just tried running the filter on an
> old scribus file and it seems the XmlReader is quite happy to process
> xml files that are malformed in this way so it looks like there's no
> need for buffering.

Are sure that this it not a bug (in mono implementation) that
XmlReader processes malformed files w/out any problem ? What does the
spec or msdn documentation say (you can also test on a .Net windows
machine) ?

- dBera

On further inspection it seems to be because I am using the .Net 1.0
method of creating an XmlTextReader which does not enable character
checking:

XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader(thestream);

msdn says this is deprecated in .Net 2.0 in favour of:

XmlReader r = XmlReader.Create(thestream);

using the new method character checking seems to be enabled by
default. So its not a bug in mono its just that the XmlReader is
slightly lax by default.