Re: Thunderbird Indexing

Carlos Moffat wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 16:17 -0400, Carlos Moffat wrote:
>>> As it turns out, it seems that the 0.2.8-1 version of Beagle in Debian
>>> Sid simply does not include the Thunderbird backend!
>>>
>>> At the command line, I entered beagled --list-backends and got the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> rick chisum:~$ beagled --list-backends
>>> Current available backends:
>>> Debug: '/usr/lib/beagle/Backends' is not a directory: Nothing loaded
>>> from here
>
> By the way, I definitely have /usr/lib/beagle/Backends in my system, and
> contains:
>
> EvolutionBackends.dll  ThunderbirdBackends.dll
>
> Good luck!
> Carlos

Thanks to your message I discovered what is going on. The Thunderbird
backend is actually contained in the Debian package:
beagle-backend-evolution.

Of course, since I don't use evolution, I did not have this installed. I
decided to install it. Unfortunately it installed a whole mess of
dependencies including the evolution package itself. It's rather
annoying to have to install a package I won't be using (evolution) just
to get the Thunderbird backend.

sigh
Rick
--
Rick's Law - What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.