Re: beagle-search & beagle-query results mismatch

Dnia 02-08-2006, śro o godzinie 13:22 -0400, Joe Shaw napisał(a):
> It looks like there is some larger bug here with the way (at least
> these) HTML mails are being handled.  Can you save a copy of one of
> those emails and send it to me?  It would also be helpful to have the
> output of "beagle-query --verbose lumberjack" to make sure that it's not
> something that is apart of the HTML metadata and not the plain text
> version.

I've been investigating strange behavior of beagle (0.2.7) indexing my
inbox for some time (100% CPU and effective hang, with no exceptions or
whatsoever in the logs) and encountered similar problem to this one. I
was going to write about it as soon as I got to understand inbox
indexing issue better, but as that problem disappeared and this
discussion came up, I decided to focus on the html email.

I wrote a test email including some keywords that didn't appear in any
other files. One of these keywords was "indurain". Beagle-query listed
one result, while beagle-search listed no results. In evolution this
email is stored in an inbox (separate folder) and in sent folder. Only
incoming copy is found.

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same, but just in case, I attached the
inbox from evolution (including this one email) and beagle query
output.

Best
Rafał Próchniak