Re: Beagle Searching

On Sat April 22 2006 18:49, you wrote:

> > > NO!
> > > Unless "explicitly directed" beagle only creates items in HOME/.beagle
> > > directory.
> >
> > Interesting... I also have a folder named "1" in my home directory with a
> > lot of numbered, empty files. I was wondering where it came from. If it's
> > beagle that's creating it then why? I know for sure that I haven't
> > "explicitly directed" it to create items anywhere other than ~/.beagle.
>
> Hmm.. Are you sure its created by beagle ?
> Did you ever run something called "bludgeon" ? Or run beagled with
> "--indexing-test-mode" parameter ?
>
>  - dBera

I'm not sure it's created by beagle. I was just reacting to the fact that
someone else had the problem and thought it might be created by beagle.

I've never run anything called "bludgeon" and I've never run beagled with
the --indexing-test-mode parameter. I simply run /usr/bin/beagled. Checking
the process which is running as I type this, I see the actual command line
is:

beagled --debug /usr/lib/beagle/BeagleDaemon.exe --bg

However, when I ran beagled to index my home directory for the first time, I
started beagled with the "BEAGLE_EXERCISE_THE_DOG" environment variable set.
Could this have created those numbered files?

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.