Re: Thoughts about FilterChm

> > PS: But I still dont think its needed for chm filter; child-indexables
> > are not the same as using one filter from another filter.

> A cmf file  is a bunch of compressed html files under a crappy structure. So
>  we can use FilterHtml ChildProcess per Html file inside the chmfilter
> (there will be an overhead due to this tought). Is not for what is need a
> Child Indexable for? to be able to index a bunch of distinct files inside a
> archive file?

All the extracted information from the different html files would go
under a single "indexable" object. This is in contrast to archives,
where all the compressed files are stored as separate indexable
objects. Each file in an archive is indexed separately; so, searching
for a term present in one of the files in an archive would point to
that particular file in the archive. But from I understand about the
chm filter, even though chm files contain several physical files, all
the metadata and data apply to the single "chm file". So, its
basically a problem of collecting information from multiple sources
and adding them to a single object. Some of the current filters might
be doing something like this; I dont remember offhand now but scan
through them.
Did I make sense ?

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com