Re: Inital Deb Filter

> > I also added a 'Package' tile for beagle-search. At the moment it
> > doesn't display much extra, but it can easily be configured to show
> > dependencies and the like. I was thinking about adding an 'Install'
> > option in the context menu any thoughts on that?
>
> A package tile really only makes sense if you can install them from the
> UI.  This is one of those things that is so different from distro to
> distro that I'm not sure we can effectively do this ourselves.  Plus, it
> means additional space being used up in the main UI area.  I think just
> leaving them in the file tile is probably the best course right now.

I am not sure how beagle-search tile handles different file types, but
different files can have different display styles and actions.

Pictures => maybe show the width/height, any jpeg/exif comments,
digikam/fspot tags
Media => duration,artist,etc
PDF/office docs => number of pagers, author etc.
(and on similar lines)
deb,ebuild,rpm Packages => version, description, size, source url etc.

IMO, it would be helpful to have a package tile which can specifically
look for these information. But before that, all the package filters
needs to have a common base (like filterimage) so that they have
similar information under similar proprety names. But installing
packages is different on different distros is different, and since a
lot of packages lying around might be actually the installed ones, I
think attaching the normal file actions to it should be ok and the
expected actions. Maybe subclass from TileFile.cs (ok at this point I
am talking off nowhere, have no clue how the tiles code look like).

Just my 2 cents,