Re: Inital Deb Filter

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 18:32 -0400, Kevin Kubasik wrote:
> Starting the cleanup now, I'll post an updated version later tonight
> or tomorrow morning. My only real question that remains is where to
> draw the line for unsearchable keywords.

"Unsearched" doesn't mean "unsearchable", it just means that it isn't
searched by default.  So anything that you can't imagine someone wanting
to type alone into the text field in beagle-search should be marked
unsearched.

> For example, its easy to say that Version will remain unsearchable, but
> what about Section? If I search for 'e-mail client' if i have a
> package from the e-mail section, even if its title is
> 'mozilla-thunderbird' I would still expect it to be returned.

I could perhaps see Version as being something that is useful to type in
and search for, so I would tend to make it a keyword.  Section, from
your example (non-free/devel) doesn't seem very useful to me.  Maybe
there are times when it would be helpful.

> And I was just planning on adding description as one big keyword, but
> since some descriptions can get rather long, is that an issue?

Description looks like valid text to me.  It should be a text field, not
a keyword.