Re: WebBookmarks Queryable

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 02:37 +0200, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 13:25 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> > >
> > > Having the Uris be unique identifiers for the hits is a very convenient
> > > property to be able to assume...
> >
> > Yeah, but I tend to agree with Martijn: you wouldn't want links for
> > google showing up twice despite being the same thing...
>
> I agree with that point too.  We definitely want to avoid that.
>
> > On the other hand, this will greatly complicate either Hits or Tiles
> > and templates or both. :)
>
> Indeed.  Here is the dilemma: if you have multiple hits with the same
> Uri, how do you represent that in the UI?  Do you just display just one
> of the tiles?  If so, which one?

Could you combine actions?  The tile system right now doesn't allow it,
but how about each hit has actions associated with it, that get
dynamically rendered for each hit.  So if a given result has more than
one source (bookmarks + web) you get all the bookmark actions, and all
the web page actions (if there is really a difference in behavior
between the two).