Re: MailDir

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 23:23 +0200, Noam Rathaus wrote:
> I have completed a MailDir driver which will index your MailDir and
> put it as MailMessages.

Great!

> I will be posting my code on Sunday morning, when I arrive at work.

Patches sent to the list tend to get dropped.  It would be better if you
filed a bug at bugzilla.gnome.org and attach the patch to it.

> anyone knows how I would know whether an object has been Indexed?

You might want to take the same approach as the file system backend and
use extended attributes to mark which files have been indexed.  The
alternative would be to look up every item in the index to determine if
it is up-to-date, but using EAs will be vastly more efficient.

You probably can re-use the code that deals with EAs for the file system
backend.  The relevant code is in beagled/FileAttributes*.cs

Thanks,
-J