Re: Use of extended attributes has issues.

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 17:32 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> > At the command line, I get this kind of nonsense:
[..nonsense..]
> I don't think this is an issue.  I would prefer to see these things,
> because it means that the filesystem I am copying to doesn't support
> EAs.  And if I am copying around files with cp, that's probably
> important info to me.  It probably doesn't need to do it once for each
> EA though.

It's a pretty scary set of warnings.  It would be much nicer if cp said

        Warning: /media/USB_DISK does not support extended attributes;
        metadata will be lost.

instead of printing one warning per EA.  We should follow up with the
fileutils people.

> This appears to be a bug in subfs or gnome-vfs' interaction with it, and
> not related to Beagle.

Oops, my mistake.  Sorry for the wrong report on this.

I'll file a bug against Nautilus.

Nat