Beagle not using GNOME thumbnails (?)

Could it be that Beagle is not actually using the GNOME/Nautilus
thumbnails for images? I suspect because:

1) While using Beagle under some system load, I noticed that I can "see"
images being rendered in BEST (white gecko jpeg "parsing" line). It
looks to me like images (say: 800x600) are being gecko-scaled to fit the
thumbnail (and I've got thumbnails for them in Nautilus)

2) I've got some SVG drawings that render perfect thumbnails in
Nautilus. In beagle I can only see "broken-image" flag for them.

--
Michał Dominik K.
mdk mdk org pl