Re: WebBookmarks Queryable

Dnia 01-06-2005, śro o godzinie 00:56 -0700, Alex Graveley napisał(a):

> Seems like the bookmark backend should look for an existing web history
> hit for the URL and alter that with some bookmark attributes (anything
> other than bookmark name?).  It should create an empty hit with no
> content if the page has not been visited (probably a corner case).
>
> Or am I missing something?

Hmm... this might be a problem when we re-visit a page. The original
(bookmark-upgraded) content would get overwritten. That's going to
happen often. And the bookmark backend runs only when bookmarks are
changed. I'd rather do it the other way round:

Each time we index something using beagle-index-url, we look if we have
a bookmark for this entry in our db. If so, we alter the indexed url
with the bookmark information (and boost the rank).

The bookmarks themselves are indexed as not-searchable, so you can't
actually "find a bookmark".

Or am I missing something?

--
Michał Dominik K.