Prototyping web-service interface to beagled

Hi folks,

I am working on adding a xml web-service interface to beagled.

Eventually I plan to have a httpListener (integral within beagled) that processes requests over http using httpRuntime, this will take some time. Unlike MS .Net (http.sys), we don't have a ready HttpListener service in Mono. If this were available, the web service daemon could invoke the beagled QueryDriver directly without IPC.

So, to get something quick, I am working on using XSP and hosting an asmx (web service). The asmx file references a dll that includes code to query beagled. For IPC between the dll and beagled, I am trying to use dbus. Unfortunately dbus-sharp.dll has a dependency on GtK APIs, and since the beagled.asmx invokes a dll (not exe), I can't have Gtk APIs in the dll code - so I am not able to use dbus because of the dbus-sharp dll dependency.

Does any one know how to use dbus-sharp from a dll or any other idea to get dbus working from within a C# dll ?

cheers
Vijay