Re: pan backend

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 12:16 -0500, Kevin Kubasik wrote:

> Unfortunately, because pan is not a wildly popular app (hand in hand
> with NNTP not gaining much use overall) it would be hard to justify

hmm.  The pan stats, I don't know, but for usenet generally, what
exactly do you define as "not much use"?  It's been around far longer
than the web and over the last 5 years or so, estimates would seem to
indicate a consistent average of between 500,000 and 800,000 posts every
month.  Although the decentralised nature of the NNTP network makes it
hard ot be sure.

D.
--
Darren Davison