Re: Other (plain text) file types can be indexd by Beagle?

Robin Haswell wrote:
Wouldn't I need to know how to do it first? :-)

Seriously, I might do if you could point me at some good examples. I don't know any languages inside out apart from PHP and its interweb buddies, but I'm sure I could pick up Python or some other newbie language pretty quickly

You need to write filters in C#. C# is much like Java. It's not hard to pick up if you are familiar with other languages anyway.

As for examples, take a look at beagle's current range of filters. Filters/FilterText.cs is a good place to start, a very simple filter which just indexes each line of text in a file. FilterMan.cs is a level up, which is mostly text but beagle has to process (ignore) some formatting too. I'll leave it to you to explore the other filters that are there :)

If you were to write a draft for this I would be happy to clarify any points and answer any questions you might have.

Daniel