Re: Other (plain text) file types can be indexd by Beagle?

Robin Haswell wrote:
I fully agree with Daniel on this point, as a programmer I know in this
situation that we should index a file properly or not at all. However, i do
make some points:

1. Even if a file is not recognised can we still index its filename and
open it with the registered application or "open with" dialog

I'm fairly sure this happens already.

2. Can someone write some documentation on how simple
programmers-yet-not-hardcore-hackers like me can quickly bash out some
filters? Making it easy for the armies of softcore programmer types out
there to do the filter legwork for you is a great idea

Yeah, this needs to be written. Are you volunteering? ;)

Daniel