Re: Beagle 0.0.12 Filesystemindex not working

Hi,

Sharninder wrote:
Following up on the above email. I upgraded to kernel 2.6.12 with the
inotify 0.23 patch and deleted the old indexes under ~/.beagle. Even now
I can't get beagle to index my files. But it looks like I have another
problem now. Every 1-2 minutes, the hard disk goes bananas with a lot of
disk access and I can't do anything since the CPU is busy doing the HDD
Access. I ran 'top' and found out the culprit is mono. Is this a known
problem too ?

At startup, beagle has to iterate over the entire home directory and any other roots you have specified. This is an expensive operation, and some users reported it taking 5-10 minutes for large directory structures.

It would help if you were to post some logs.

In the CVS version, this expense is now almost zero:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dashboard-hackers/2005-July/msg00076.html

Daniel