Re: beagle-index-gaim-logs killed my system

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 22:28 +1200, Michael A. Koziarski wrote:
> It successfully indexes a number of the conversations, then when it hits
> one of the larger ones it prints the following warning:
>
> GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 335548416):
>          May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
>
> And then the poor performance begins.   My system becomes almost totally
> non-responsive & I have to hit C-c repeatedly till it eventually dies.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

That sounds like a bug.  If you have a gaim log that triggers the error
and which doesn't contain anything too personal, could you e-mail it to
me?  Fixing the problem will be easier if I don't have to spend a bunch
of time figuring out how to reproduce it.

Thanks,
-J