beagle-index-gaim-logs killed my system

I have quite a few gaim logs, though not an insanely large number, but something about them causes beagle-index-gaim-logs to completely freak out.

It successfully indexes a number of the conversations, then when it hits one of the larger ones it prints the following warning:

GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 335548416):
        May lead to memory leak and poor performance.

And then the poor performance begins. My system becomes almost totally non-responsive & I have to hit C-c repeatedly till it eventually dies.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Koz