Re: gaimlog backend

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 10:18, Edd Dumbill wrote:

> > What problems are you seeing with the conversation endpoint?
>
> The current backend doesn't even attempt to find the endpoint.  I just
> used a small hack to find it for the first indexing (with a small bug
> which means you get the header from the following conversation in), but
> it doesn't do anything on update indexing.

So, as far as I remember, it finds the endpoint if there is >1
conversation in the file, when it finds the beginning point for the next
conversation.

The last conversation in the file always has an endpoint of -1, which
means "read to end of file."

It sounds like UpdateIndex isn't resetting the endpoint of the previous
conversation properly, though.  Does this match what you're seeing?

Nat