Re: gaimlog backend

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 15:10, Nat Friedman wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 06:04, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> > The gaimlog backend didn't work if GAIM doesn't log in HTML -- I have
> > "Strip HTML from logs" enabled in the prefs.
> >
> > I attach a patch which hopefully fixes that, and it also starts to make
> > a stab at putting the correct conversation ends info in, but it looks
> > like the indexing needs rewriting to get this done properly and I've not
> > got the time just yet.
>
> Okay.  This patch looks good to go in.

Great, I'll check it in.

> What problems are you seeing with the conversation endpoint?

The current backend doesn't even attempt to find the endpoint.  I just
used a small hack to find it for the first indexing (with a small bug
which means you get the header from the following conversation in), but
it doesn't do anything on update indexing.

> Gaim is switching its conversation logs to an XML format some time in
> the next few releases, so hopefully we won't have to worry about getting
> the current stuff right.  Provided Gaim imports existing logs...

Yes, it'll do that.

-- Edd