Re: Updates Galore

What about adding a flag in when sending out a clue packet from a
chainers that says it came from a chainer and therefore shouldn't kill
any threads?  Would that work?  Thoughts?

Skadz

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 02:36, Nat Friedman wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 00:03, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
>
> > The Clue Packet Manager is still crashing here and there.  Large
> > Segfaults during HTML and Text Chainers.  Haven't had a chance to look
> > at it yet, but these are the biggest crashes.  Also, seeing Null Pointer
> > Exceptions in the Text Indexer and RSS backends thus far.  Looks like we
> > need to be checking for these more closely.
>
> The crashes occur because of the following sequence of events:
>
>         * Cluepacket comes in
>
>         * RunQuery in the CPM kills any outstanding running threads
>
>         * A new thread is launched for each backend
>
>         * One of those backends is a chainer.  it creates a new
>         cluepacket, and sends it out
>
>         * the new, chained cluepacket comes in
>
>         * RunQuery in the CPM kills any outstanding running threads:
>         INCLUDING ITSELF!
>
> I'm in Zurich in transit or I'd fix it myself right now...
>
> Nat
 Ryan P Skadberg                          E: skadz stigmata org
 The Stigmata Organization                U: http://www.stigmata.org/
  GPG fingerprint = 0B97 F771 E7D2 69B2 FF5C  5693 4E25 7E77 DEF0 CA4B