Re: Release status.

> I've committed this, but it is causing segfaults in the backends that
> access the web (or so it seems).  Looking in to how to fix ....

As mentioned, someone needs to look at how to get a backend to shut itself
down cleanly if it is aborted whilst carrying out an web (or other
network) request.  It looks like the HttpWebRequest.Abort() method is what
is required, but a simplistic attempt on my part to get that bit working
didn't have much luck and I haven't had time to go back and take a closer
look to work out exactly what is going on.  I will have some time at the
weekend if someone else doesn't get this sorted beforehand.

> Skadz

Cheers,
Jim.
--