Re: Merging Jc2k's Branches

John,

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 2:34 AM, John Stowers <john stowers gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:17 AM, John Carr <john carr unrouted co uk> wrote:
>>
>> John
>>
>> The improved Google stuff is probably the least tested / hacked on
>> right now. It basically turns Google Calendar back on with the patch
>> for the main issue we had with it. I hope to poke it more with the
>> soup tests.
>
> Good idea.
>

>> The Syncml code is tested with libsyncml 0.5.3 (latest release IIRC)
>> and ScheduleWorld. I won't rest easy until it has lots and lots of
>> test coverage, though.
>
> Ack.
>
>> Soup was going well though i've not had as much time as hoped for that.
>>
>> Doesn't make sense to pay any attention to my tracker branch right
>> now. It depends on unstable tracker and my python bindings that are in
>> flux.
>>
>> Currently distracted by UI testing for build.gnome.org
>> (http://git.gnome.org/cgit/jhbuild/log/?h=desktop-testing) though.
>
> Shiny. I recently inherited another server box that I intend to use for
> automated testing of Conduit and a few other projects I hack on.

Cool. I have some Xvfb stuff in jhbuild that should slot nicely into
soup's environment setup modules.

>> If I were given power to land stuff in master, i would land soup (its
>> standalone and doesnt break things)
>
> You do have power to land stuff in master! :-)
>
> Go ahead and merge Soup!

Awesome, done.

>> and then teach my syncml and
>> google branches how to get tested by soup. Then i would be able to
>> sleep without nightmares about me deleting your data. Then Google
>> Calendar and SyncML support could be turned merged.
>
> Sounds good.

I'll push my branches to git.gnome.org and badger them till soup
adequately tests them, fix uncovered bugs, then am I ok to merge?

Oh, there is an outstanding bug actually. libsyncml gives me anchors
so that on subsequent syncs we can do "what has changed since the last
sync?" - do we have a good place to store that information? Something
like the config handling code perhaps? Any ideas?

>> (At some point i'd
>> like to consolidate soup with the other tests again, but theres no
>> rush i dont think. Automatic tests probably werent run before so them
>> moving to a different folder is no big loss).
>
> Correct. I run all tests except the automatic ones before release... Feel
> free to delete the Auto* tests when you land the soup branch.

Auto tests are already deaded :-)

>> Is this enough detail for you?
>
> That is great, thanks a lot.
>
> John