Re: CPU Utilization in Conduit 0.3.15 - Ubuntu Jaunty

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Jordan Miller <jordan d miller gmail com> wrote:
John,

I wanted to send you a quick email to see if you had any ideas why Conduit might be consuming as much of the CPU as it is on my system since upgrading to Ubuntu Jaunty.

system monitor

It pretty much consuming one of my cores all of the time. This is happening when it isn't syncing - just as it is hanging around in the background.

Thanks for any advice you might have and thanks for all of your hard work on a great synchronization tool!

Hi Jordan,

Fortunately we finally tracked this down, it was something that changed in the Python 2.6 networking code. It was fixed the other day

http://bugs.gnome.org/558473

We should get a new release out some time soon.

John

Very best regards,

Jordan Miller