Re: A mockup for an alternate conduit GUI.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Martin Owens <doctormo gmail com> wrote:
> There are still open UI questions - where does one put configuration
> for SyncML phones?, other phones/devices?. We live in an imperfect
> world, where not all required information about a device can be
> queried and an automatic configuration guessed. The risk is that in
> optimizing for the zero configuration case one makes the other cases
> exponentially more painful. It does not have to be this way, only
> through discussion, experimentation and mockups will and answer reveal
> itself.

Some of that kind of hardware information might find a nice home in
HAL via dbus with more hardware detection type scripts and programs.

We are already doing that where we can. I'm going to start doing some plug and play stuff for the P900 and similar smart phones soon, and that will also follow the "poke the bejesus out of HAL" pattern.