Re: iPod configuration interface

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Juan M. Rodriguez <nushio gmail com> wrote:
Would this be just for iPods, or would this somehow support jailed iPhones / iPod touch?

Anything that would stop me from having to dual boot to Windows would be appreciated.

It is using libgpod, so it supports whatever libgpod supports. For now, I think it only supports older firmwares [1] [2].
I dont know how Conduit could detect a Touch or an iPhone tough. I'm planning on buying one of these so I can test it, but it will take a few months.

Btw, one thing I forgot to mention, is that this interface will be very flexible, so it could be extended to be used by any other player or device.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1217990616.6572.0.camel%40flanders&forum_name=gtkpod-questions
[2] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=a20ba3620808061250k69d6746ey95893e0b8d700112%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=gtkpod-questions

Regarding the interfaces, I think the second[1] one's better, as it uses less screen space.

Yep, that's what I think too.

[1] http://airmind.googlepages.com/conduit-ipod-interface2.png

Cheers
--