iPod configuration interface

Hi all,

I've been working on the iPod support in Conduit for my Google Summer of Code project, and one of the project's goals is to develop an easy-to-use GUI exposing Conduit's features.
This comes along with the "Conduit as a service" idea, in which each application implements support for Conduit internally, and there is no need for a Conduit GUI.
So, for instance, Rhythmbox could include my interface to sync playlists, much the way iTunes does it. Indeed, iTunes is a major inspiration for my work.
Now I'm making some prototype interfaces, and I got two models that I liked. One is based on the iTunes interface [1], and another is just what came to my head [2].

[1] - http://airmind.googlepages.com/conduit-ipod-interface1-itunes.png
[2] - http://airmind.googlepages.com/conduit-ipod-interface2.png

The first one can be improved a lot. There is no configuration button yet, and the alignment doesnt make it look very good.
And I really liked the second one, but I think it can also be improved.

So, what do you think? Any kind of sugestions is welcome. A new concept, improvements, anything.

Thanks,
Alexandre

--
EngComp 06 - USP São Carlos