Re: [Opensync-devel] Ubuntu UDS-Boston, Syncing solutions

> I don't like the idea of another daemon, and if HAL can be populated
> with HAL callouts then I don't think there is a need for this. I would
> rather have python-libsyncml than another daemon.

The last time I looked at doing this it seemed very complicated - due
to the main loop stuff in libsyncml. Its not an insurmountable
technical problem but IIRC each gtk app only allows one main loop per
process, so the bootstrap import code for libsyncml would need to
create a new main context and attach this to the relevant syncml data
structures

In addition the thought of binding a large C library to python without
using gobject and the semi-automated binding generators makes my skin
crawl :-)

I would be tempted to write a gobject binding for the libs main
objects first. Then bind that - however if that is the case then Its
an example of a bunch of code that is not really going to be shared
between the two projects, which is something I would like to avoid.