Re: [Opensync-devel] Ubuntu UDS-Boston, Syncing solutions

On 10/31/07, Martin Owens <doctormo gmail com> wrote:
> > duplication, its at least an effective middle ground (through
> > libsyncml). I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
>
> I will digest your thoughts over sleep and hopefully bring up all the
> issues at hand;

Cool, thanks. Obviously im not in a position to direct the development
of all parties, these examples just came to mind first.

My experience with Conduit has at least shown, and I hope the opensyc
devs agree, that much more of the work goes into supporting devices
(or dataproviders in conduit lingo) than core sync logic.

Following from that we already have the ability to interact/host
opensync plugins in conduit, and with current changes in SVN, we
should be able to demonstrate syncing conduit with opensync plugins in
the next two weeks (Jc2k - thoughts?)

> > Anyway, thats a bit of food for discussion off the top of my head. Is
> > there some way I can participate in the Ubuntu discussion remotely?
>
> There is a one way audio ogg stream from each room (or so I have been
> told) and we could use irc to 'hear' your thoughts back.

OK I will definately do this. It would be best if a video conference
thing was availble, but this will do

When is the meeting?

John Stowers