Re: Off For a Few Days (and TODO list)

Unfortunately I cant reply as I am at the airport about to get on a flight back to NZ. This is exactly how I would have done it.

If it passes all the tests and works for you then go ahead and commit it! Awesome work (remember to remove ~/.flickr first). For the authenticating signal, Just do it the simple way ATM, but lets think about creating a WebAuthenticator interface (Similar to ImageSink) that these dataproviders could derive from. Then we could put the Authenticating and the LoginTester in there.

Once this is applied to trunk could you test to see if the works on foresight please Ken?

John

On 7/26/07, Thomas Van Machelen < thomas vanmachelen gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 08:14 +0200, Thomas Van Machelen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 14:05 +0200, Thomas Van Machelen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 2007/7/18, John Stowers <john stowers gmail com>:
> > > 3) Web dataprovider login issues.
> > > Currently an article on conduit is being written for Linux Magazine. The
> > > author has found none of the online web services work when using firefox to
> > > authenticate. In addition Ken has mentioned that gnome-www-open is a
> > > debianism and is not really portable. Also the GUI freezes when we
> > > authenticate. The long answer is boring, the short answer is use of
> > > gnome-www-open should die. We should use gnome-open instead.
> > >

> > If no work has been on this yet, I'm willing to devote some time on
> > this one when my internet connection is back up at home; because i'm
> > partly responsible for the gnome-www-open stuff that's in trunk atm.
> > ;-)
> >

> In attachment you can a first version of the patch to get rid of
> gnome-www-open, using the approach John described.  It needs some more
> cleanup, and the addition of the 'authenticating' signal; but the
> important thing is, you can now use your default browser to perform web
> authentication.

Off course i forget the patch, here it is.  Let me know what you
think...