Re: Off For a Few Days (and TODO list)

On 7/18/07, Lauro Moura <lauromoura gmail com> wrote:
On 7/18/07, John Stowers <john stowers gmail com> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just a quick note to say I am off for a trip to northern canada for a few
> days. Here is a basic list of TODO items I am looking at next week. Im
> basically writing it down so that I do not forget, however anyone is free to
> work on these.
>
> 1) Conduit shouldnt close it if started from iconify.
> Basically the window close event should just close the GUI and not end the
> conduit process. One approach would be to just hide the gui in both cases,
> which is a bit hackish and a waste of memory. The other would be to add
> QuitGUI() to conduit application class and call this. This would do all that
> was needed to set self.gui to None such that it is rebuilt next time conduit
> is started.

What if we move the low-level stuff to a 'daemon' exposing the
services through dbus? AFAIK there isn't too much data transfer
between the GUI and the sync services.

John and I have discussed this possibility a number of times in the past, and I think that now the mvc branch is starting to come into shape these sorts of things will be possible. Whether it is a good idea or not im still not sure.

Either way I am happy to get it working in SVN head (i.e. the ugly way) and look at how to do a cleaner implementation in the mvc branch.

Lauro Moura ("lmoura" on Freenode)
http://lauro.wordpress.com