Re: Off For a Few Days (and TODO list)

On 7/18/07, John Stowers <john stowers gmail com> wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just a quick note to say I am off for a trip to northern canada for a few
days. Here is a basic list of TODO items I am looking at next week. Im
basically writing it down so that I do not forget, however anyone is free to
work on these.

1) Conduit shouldnt close it if started from iconify.
Basically the window close event should just close the GUI and not end the
conduit process. One approach would be to just hide the gui in both cases,
which is a bit hackish and a waste of memory. The other would be to add
QuitGUI() to conduit application class and call this. This would do all that
was needed to set self.gui to None such that it is rebuilt next time conduit
is started.

What if we move the low-level stuff to a 'daemon' exposing the
services through dbus? AFAIK there isn't too much data transfer
between the GUI and the sync services.

--
Lauro Moura ("lmoura" on Freenode)
http://lauro.wordpress.com