Re: Shiny Things Are Coming....

Can't sleep John? You should have gone on IRC, I'm in #conduit all day.
The only waking hours i'm not near #conduit now are for the commute. And
my laptop has airprime so... maybe that is only temporary :-)

> Thanks a lot to you guys for looking after Conduit while I was out!
>
> There is some really neat stuff starting to appear, and I will let John
> talk
> more about the stuff he is steering (take it away big fella). Things in
> progress currently include
> * Some UI Improvements [1]
> * Opensync integration

So Opensync integration. Initially i'm working with the opensync guys to
let conduit use opensync plugins as though they were Conduit
dataproviders. If you have trunk Conduit and trunk Opensync this should
just work, though i'm only hacking against their evo plugin for now.

This work will see improvements to the mapping db as I can't rely on mtime
from opensync, but can (by the looks of it) rely on an hash...

After this approach is stable you will see work to allow the use of
Conduit dataproviders in an opensync group and the use of the opensync
engine for syncing. We won't be replacing Conduit's sync engine, instead
we'll be splitting out the implementation and making it pluggable. This
will also allow other sync types to be implemented - i quite fancy a "Move
from Source to Sink" variant of 1way sync for my camera...

> * Ability to sync photos from eye of gnome using Conduit
> * XESAM and tracker support so files matching certain sync criteria can be
> sync'ed
> * Support for iPod photos

I've already had a wedge of patches accepted into libgpod trunk. Now its
just a case of wiring this in to a dataprovider. The biggest issues left
are how to deal with UID's and also storing a full JPG alongside the iPod
photo (which are encoded to suit the iPod screen...). I've neglected this
recently due to Opensync and Network sync opportunities...

> * Improved reliability with logging into web services
> * Merging of MVC branch to allow native GUIs on other platforms, and the
> ability to run conduit with no GUI

For me, this means I can start to hook in the NetworkSync GUI. This is now
in trunk, warts and all... Dragging Tomboy and "Network Endpoint" into a
group will share your Tomboy notes on the network :-)