Re: Fwd: Building and testing cheese

On 06/03/2013 02:55 AM, Jedidiah Johnson wrote:
 I am actually working on a fork of cheese, and am modifying the code. I don't want to have to install it every time I change the code so I was wondering if there was a way to test the code to see if I broke stuff and make sure it works the way I want.

Then please talk to the maintainers of the fork? Anyway "make check" is the canonical means of running the tests. And libtool --mode=execute ./path/to/cheese should allow to run the uninstalled binary.

Stefan

Thanks

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM, David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
Hi Jedidiah

On 2013-05-31 15:01, Jedidiah Johnson <river226 gmail com> wrote:
Daniel G. Siegel directed me to this list, as I am building a fork of the
cheese application, and am looking for advice on how to build and test it.
Can anyone help?

If you are building Cheese, you can clone the git repository, generate the build files and then build it. The commands for a typical clone and build process would look something like:

git clone git://git.gnome.org/cheese
cd cheese
./autogen.sh
make
make install

This will install to /usr/local by default, so you will need the relevant permissions to do so. There are some automated tests in the "tests" directory which can be run with "make check".

--
http://amigadave.com/