Cheese application not sending set_alt on opening webcam

Hi All,

This is my first mail to this list, so please bother with me if i
break any rules here,
I am very new to USB based webcam devices,

Currently debugging a linux based webcam USB gadget driver and
everything was working fine,But recently I upgraded my fedora (host)
kernel and problems starts after that.

Now cheese application is not sending 'set_alt' command when I start
the application.
It only sending the 'set_alt' command when closing the webcam.

Any configuration related issues with the application?
Please help to provide any pointer to debug further

Thanks,
Chetan Nanda