Re: Feature request

On 01/31/2012 12:51 AM, Stefan Sauer wrote:

>>> You could use CheeseAvatarChooser, which presents a dialog to take a
>>> photo, and then provides a frame for cropping the result:
>>>
>>> http://developer.gnome.org/cheese/unstable/CheeseAvatarChooser.html
>>>
>>> This is the widget that is used in Empathy and the User accounts panel
>>> in the Control Center. The API is simple, and gives a GdkPixbuf of the
>>> resulting image.
>> Hmm. Not sure it provides needed functionality.
>>
>> Time lapse video will be smooth if only user face on each photo
>> positioned the same each day. It means user should make photo from same
>> distance (fit her face to some visual box on the screen) and use some
>> visual markers for face centering. No need to crop photos if they made
>> with same configuration each time.
>>
>> So question is: how hard it's to position some SVG image (calibration
>> box) over camera view?
>>
> The underlying gstreamer plugins have most features you will need. E.g.
> facedetect can now also detect mouth, nose and eyes. You could also show
> the previous picture using videomixer with opacity to support positioning.

Sounds interesting. Got it.

But if this feature request should be implemented outside cheese (as
someone pointed earlier) then i need something similar to android
intents here. I mean this flow:

- app requests photo from camera
- cheese appears and ready to make photo
- when photo made it returned to the app
- cheese closed, my app happy dealing with photo

Is it possible somehow or only with avatar-chooser widget?