horizontal and vertical flip effects missing

Hi!

I've been using cheese on Ubuntu since ver. 10.10.
Ubuntu 11.04 contains cheese 2.32.0 which has the Horizontal Flip and
Vertical Flip effects. The Horizontal Flip is very useful as it
enables that you use a webcam as a mirror.

But, after upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10 I found out that it contained
cheese 3.* (currently 3.2.0) without the Horizontal Flip and Vertical
Flip effects. Why were they removed from cheese?

(A little bit of searching through the list archives at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/cheese-list/
provided no answer to this question.)

Please, bring these effects back to cheese (at least the horizontal
flip). As it's a quite simple effect I guess it doesn't require a lot
of work.

(I'm not the only one with that wish -- see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cheese/+bug/853509)

Cheese!

-- rpr.