Re: [PULL] cheese: overrun callback for slow machines

> How can we capture directly to OGV if the machine isn't fast enough?
>
> Cheers, Brandon

First of all there is always speed limits. Nobody will care if i say my
old Pentum II can't capture live theora. Other question is, if athom
actually can do some thing, but we need smart way. For example most
athom based netbook are cheep and build in webcams are more cheaper.
They will never do 25 and absolutely never 30fps. We need to learn to
work with variable frame rate. There are some bugreports and some work
going forward.
Second - we need to filter upper limit of frame rate and not to set
constant rate.
Choice right technology - i think we should not use avimux if possible.
avi can candle only constant rate. Matroska is way to go. Theora need to
be fixed to work with ogg. Seems like vp8 actually can encode on athom
too, but it need speed=2 (realtime mode). And vp8enc is brocken for
variable rate too, bug reported.

Will see if we can work after this all was fixed.

Regards,
	Alexey